I Love You
The American poet Theodore Roethke wrote, “This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”
I like to write about facing challenges and learning from them. When I don’t write, sometimes I hide instead, afraid of struggles that seem too personal, too huge, too profound for words on a page. So here I write again for those who will read, that even the life of a happy person who follows her dreams can bring both triumphs and trials too seemingly overwhelming to bear alone.
This week I’ve had wonderful conversations with beloved friends who both share my fears and need encouragement as much as I or anyone else. In light of the warmth left behind by those moments, I’d like to encourage all of us to find someone to whom we can say “I love you” each day this week. Truthfully, we all need reminders sometimes that we are loved. So to those of you still with me on this journey of many years, thank you. I love you.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)